Thursday 2 August 2012

The Great Stink

I have reached the city of Liverpool, as I walk threw the streets there is an overriding smell of human waste, there are no sewage systems in London therefore people dispose of there waste onto the streets, the ground is a swamp, with puddles two feet deep and a dirty pale brown. The invention of roads has not yet arose, this means that there deep ruts where the carts are pulled threw, these are also filled with the putrid human waste mix. The uncleanliness of the city is obviously greatly overlooked, all this waste is causing great amount  of  air born pollution, water pollution, sickness and diseases. As I walk threw the streets I have noticed many 'Dunghills', this is were multiple people dispose of there waste. These hills give off a horrid aroma, I feel for the people living among these heaps. I have heard stories off the sewage in the storm water drains filling so much that it rises up into peoples basement floorboards and flooding the underneath of people houses. I can't believe the filth that these people live with, we live with such luxuries on Mars. I am now going to assess the rising problem of overcrowding further by entering a house owed by a J.Faraday as it reads on the front door.

1 comment: