Thursday 19 July 2012

The Enclosed-field System

I jump into my time machine, I'm going 50 years into the future, to the same farming village. Again I reach my destination in a flash. A lot has change, mostly for the better, they have know discovered the Enclosed-field System. As I walk through the little farming village I can report that they have enclosed the land with fences around the boundaries, used the common and waste land for more crops, they have also placed one owners crops in the one region, this then cuts down on the travelling time that these poor people had to endure, they are also experimenting and growing different plants in their crops. Although there are many positives to this vast change there also negatives, the very poor used to have 'Squatters Villages' on the Common land and used to work for the villagers were they were needed, they have now been told to leave. I would have guessed that they have moved on to the city. I have attached a sketch of the Enclosed-field System.



No comments:

Post a Comment